Fitness DVDs are definitely a convenient way to keep in shape. Most of us are making our New Years resolutions right about now. You may be trying to decide if you should join a gym or start a new outdoor activity to keep in shape. Here are some positive points to keep in mind before buying fitness DVDs for your new exercise regimen.
1. It’s quite affordable for most people. Instead of buying an expensive home gym or paying hundreds of dollars a year for a gym membership, try getting a nice assortment of fitness DVDs. You may need to also buy a set of dumbbells, aerobics shoes and an exercise mat. You’re all set to go!
2. It adds variety to your workout. There are so many different types of fitness DVDs on the market to choose from. There’s tai chi, heavy duty iron pumping, dance workouts, power step aerobics and kickboxing to name a few. There are many more varieties of workouts than you will ever get at one gym. There are also different levels of fitness DVDs. You may find more challenging routines on a DVD than at a local health club.
3. Weather can never hamper your workout. If you normally enjoy walking, cycling or running, this is an excellent alternative way to stay in shape until the weather clears up.
4. You have all the privacy you need. If you tend to feel self-conscious about going to the gym because you are out of shape or overweight, fitness DVDs may be right for you. You can wear whatever you like and never have to worry about keeping up with rest of the fitness class.
5. It’s so convenient. Consider the fact that you would never have to drive to the gym after work. If you can get into a habit, why not make a point to pop in your DVD at a set time every day for your workout.
6. You can always reverse the DVD. If you missed something that the instructor is saying or like to do a certain part of the routine more than others that’s easy to do. Remember to always keep moving to keep your heart rate up.
Fitness DVDs are worth considering if you want to start doing a home workout routine. They will definitely help many of us fight the Christmas bulge this year!